What are the Most Common Appliance Repairs?
Rancho Cucamonga, California is home to Polar Appliance Repair. We specialize in repairing a wide range of home appliances. Washers, dryers, refrigerator repairs, dishwashers, wine coolers, stoves, range tops and more.
We’re often asked what are the most common reasons people call us for appliance repair in Rancho Cucamonga. Given the complexity of today’s appliances, there are more components than ever that can cause the need to call a local appliance repair company.
Let’s start with refrigerator repairs. One of the most common calls we receive is when water or ice stops coming out of the dispensor. Other common refrigerator repair calls involve the refrigerator leaking water, not cooling properly, freezing food, or not cooling evenly.
There are many components that can fail causing the need for refrigerator repairs. When it comes to refrigerator repairs, it’s important to work with a local appliance repair service who is responsive and has the expertise to diagnose and repair your refrigerator quickly.
Especially when your refrigerator breaks down in a warm climate like Rancho Cucamonga in Southern California. With soaring temperatures, every minute counts when your refrigerator has quit working properly.
One thing you can do to help prolong the life of your refrigerator, is to regularly clean your refrigerator coils. To help prolong the life of your icemaker, it’s a good idea to use it regularly, or empty out the ice to prevent the ice from forming into a block of ice.
Oven Repairs / Stove Repairs
Next, let’s discuss stove or oven repairs. With oven repairs, we have two different types. Electric oven repairs and gas oven repairs.
In either case, ovens not heating properly is the most common call we receive from homes in Rancho Cucamonga needing oven repair services.
Next, we receive a lot of calls regarding burners that aren’t heating up properly, or gas ranges not lighting up.
With ovens or stoves, common issues include the ignition system (in gas ranges), the oven bake element, temperature sensor and the burner itself. A common reason burner switches fail is water or cleaning solutions dripping behind the range knobs during cleaning.
To help avoid the need for oven repair services, take care to not let liquids or cleaners drip behind your knobs. Additionally, pizza cheese is a common reason behind many of our oven repair services. When the cheese drips on your heating element it can cause it to short out, resulting in the need to replace the oven’s heating element.
Common Dishwasher Repairs
When it comes to dishwasher repairs, the number one reason we receive calls for dishwasher repair in Rancho Cucamonga is dishwashers not cleaning properly.
Next are dishwashers that aren’t drying properly, followed by dishwashers that aren’t draining properly.
Of course we also receive calls when dishwashers are leaking water on the floor. In any case, common issues that cause dishwasher problems include faulty inlet valves, broken wash arms, drain pumps that stop working, and circulation pumps that have given out.
The impeller pump in a dishwasher can also quit working, which is what creates enough water pressure to make your wash arms spin. If you hear a loud growling from your dishwasher, this could be the culprit.
Preventing the Need for Dishwasher Repairs
Of course you’ve always got local dishwasher repair services in Rancho Cucamonga should you need them. However, a couple simple things you can do to prevent the need for dishwasher repairs include:
- Use your dishwasher regularly. This will reduce the need for deep cleaning your dishwasher
- Scrape off heavy food particles
- Don’t overload your dishwasher
- Keep an eye on your dishwasher’s door gasket. If it is loose, or worn, it’s time to replace your door gasket.
Common Washing Machine Repairs
Washer repairs are never fun. Dirty clothes pile up, and trips to the laundromat are both inconvenient and expensive.
With washing machines we’ve got top load washers and front load washers. Regardless of which type of washer you have one of the main reasons for needing washing machine repair is the drum not spinning.
With front load washing machines we receive a lot of washing machine service calls for the appearance of mold. Other causes for alarm are washers that quit draining, control panels that quit working, and washers leaking water.
If you hear squealing coming from your washing machine, it’s best to call a local Rancho Cucamonga washing machine repair company early-on, as waiting can cause additional damage, ultimately increasing your washing machine repair bill.
Tips to Avoid the Need for Washing Machine Repairs
Again, when things go wrong you can always call a local washing machine repair company. Before getting to that point, here are a few things you can do to prevent the need for washing machine repair services:
- Run full loads (but not TOO full!) – By waiting to run full loads, you’ll run your washing machine less, which will prolong its life. The caveat is not to overload your washing machine! This is a common cause of causing washing machines to break down prematurely.
- Keep your washing machine’s dispensers clean. This includes detergent, bleach and fabric softener dispensers. Leaving them alone will eventually lead to build up and clogging.
- Don’t leave clothes in your washer. Washers are a breeding ground for mold and clothes that are left in the washing machine will start to stink, and can create a smell in your washing machine that is difficult to get rid of.
Common Dryer Repairs
Dryer repairs commonly start with dryers that aren’t drying clothes properly.
The good news is dryers can alway be fixed. Often times the reason dryers quit drying can be clogged vent hoses or a blocked vent.
This is obviously the cheapest dryer repair as you can often remedy this for free on your own. Dryers are heavy and unwieldy, so the exception would be if you’re unable to move or reposition your dryer to examine and clear your vent hose.
If this is the case, calling a dryer repair technician is in order. Other causes of a dryer that quit heating can include faulty thermal fuses, the need to replace your dryer heating element, or the drum seal (the felt around the dryer drum) may need to be replaced
Tips to Avoid the Need for Dryer Repairs
Yes, you can always call a local appliance repair company to service your broken dryer. Let’s try to prolong the life of your dryer. Here’s how:
- Empty your pockets! Pocket items including coins, chapstick, kleenex, dirt, sand, etc. can create unnecessary wear on your dryer.
- Don’t overload your dryer. Overloading your dryer causes it to work harder than it was designed for. This can place strain on components including the motor and the drum belt.
- Clean your exhaust vent. This is as much of a safety issue as a performance issue. Clogged dryer exhaust vents can cause dryers to not heat/dry clothes properly, and in some cases can become a fire hazard.
- Keep your lint screen clean. Aside from pulling the lint off after each load, it’s a good idea to give it a deeper cleaning every 2-3 months using a small amount of laundry detergent.
Need Appliance Repair Services?
When all else fails, it may be time to call a reputable local appliance repair company. In the Rancho Cucamonga area of Southern California, including all of San Gabriel Valley, Polar Appliance Repair provides affordable, trustworthy appliance repair services.